Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Year Down 55 to go

My people,

Today marks the one year anniversary of my marriage to the most beautiful and talented woman in all the land. Fellas, I am so sorry for you that I found her first, but don't be sore losers, I am sure there is some girl out there that can hold a candle to my gal...maybe. Anyway, I wanted to go through some highlights of my first year.


-Learning to live with a woman. I'll tell ya, living with a woman in the right context has been a very interesting experience. Don't get me wrong, Marmar is an amazing women but living with her has not always been raisins and gumdrops. But that has been the beauty of it all. It is in the daily battles where my wife and I have grown closer to each other. It has been those hard conversations where we really see the value of communication. Its swallowing your pride when you know the other person has been hurt by your actions. Its not always easy, but its always an opportunity to grown closer or further apart.


-Learning about cooking and cleaning. I grew up with mother who made my bed, did my laundry, and spoiled me rotten. I have sadly failed to realize until recently those skills took years to master, and that my current wife is not my mother :)


No comments: